Senior Backend Developer (PHP/Laravel)
NEG.BG is the company behind BG-Mamma – the most influential Bulgarian social platform. The know-how, passion and innovation that we put into our work affect 1.7 million users every month.
In the beginning of 2023, we initiated a comprehensive transformation process for BG-Mamma. Our company’s goal is to elevate the platform to a state-of-the-art digital product.
One of the key components of our strategy is the complete rewrite of BG-Mamma, using the latest, most secure technologies that offer top performance, thus transforming the user experience. We are excited to share that we are well-advanced in this process. As we approach the final phase, we are actively seeking experienced Backend Developers to join our team.
We dream and plan ambitiously. Our next steps involve introducing new functionalities based on AI/ML and exploring the opportunities that Web3 offers.
By continuously expanding our engineering unit within the product team, we aim to attract individuals who share our passion for creating a sustainable product and making a meaningful impact on millions.
In our teams we respect every opinion, support personal and professional growth, value work-life balance and enjoy office time/home office flexibility.
- Collaborate in a team environment to design, develop, and implement robust, appealing and user-friendly web-based applications and experiences.
- Write efficient, reusable, maintainable, testable and well-documented code while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability, ensuring exceptional performance across devices and browsers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest backend technologies, trends, and best practices to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues and implement effective and creative solutions to enhance the overall performance and user experience.
- Mentor and guide junior developers, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
- Participate in code reviews and technical consultations and provide constructive feedback.
- Implement guidelines and design patterns.
- Profound knowledge of PHP 7 and 8, OOP, SOLID, MVC
- Experience with PHP frameworks – Laravel, Symfony, etc.
- Deep understanding how web servers and runtimes work
- Experience with RESTful API development and integration
- Experience with performance optimization techniques (caching, database and query optimizations, network bandwidth and throughput minimizing, …).
- Proficiency with version control systems and code collaboration platforms (GitHub, GitLab, etc.).
- Proficiency in writing unit and integration tests, experience with PHP testing frameworks like PHPUnit
- Ability to debug complex issues and optimize code for performance and scalability
Concepts and tools that would be considered a plus
- Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3
- Frontend frameworks – React / Vue.js
- UI frameworks – Bootstrap / UIkit
- Business intelligence and analytics engines
- MQTT and event streaming solutions – RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Container orchestration – Docker / Kubernetes
- Cloud services – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Cloudflare, ..
- Test-driven development
- Continuous integration / Continuous deployment pipelines
- Competitive salary
- Regular result oriented bonuses
- Flexible home office policy
- Additional health insurance
- Friendly and supportive working atmosphere
- Additional annual leave, regular parties and team buildings
- Cozy and well lit office space located in the city center
- Company workshops and trainings, Udemy and other platform courses
- Necessary software and hardware
- Office drinks and cool food venues close by
- A chance to make a difference in the daily life of over 2M people
If you want to hear more about our future plans and be a part of the story send us a CV at [email protected]