Senior Frontend Developer (React)
NEG.BG is the company that owns the most influential Bulgarian social platform – BG-Mamma. The know-how, passion and innovation that we put into our work affects 1.5 million active users every month.
In the beginning of 2023 we launched a process of complete transformation for BG-Mamma, and the company’s goal is to turn the forum into a state of the art digital product. We dream and plan boldly, even considering the possibilities that Web3 presents to us.
One of our current and ongoing priorities is to completely rewrite BG-Mamma, using the latest and most secure technologies with top performance, thus transforming the user experience. To achieve this, we plan to further expand the engineering unit of our product team and are looking to hire experienced Frontend Developers.
We have clearly defined our mission and vision and we need to grow our team with new like-minded, highly skilled people who can communicate effectively and easily with their colleagues. Here we respect every opinion, we support personal and professional growth, we value work/ life balance and we enjoy office time/ home office flexibility.
- Collaborate in a team environment to design, develop, and implement robust, appealing and user-friendly web-based applications and experiences.
- Write efficient, reusable and maintainable code while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability, ensuring exceptional performance across devices and browsers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies, trends, and best practices to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Identify and troubleshoot UI/UX issues and implement effective and creative solutions to enhance the overall user experience.
- Mentor and guide junior developers, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
- In-depth understanding of responsive web design principles and mobile-first development.
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and asynchronous request handling.
- Proficient with version control systems and code collaboration platforms (GitHub, GitLab, etc.).
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
Concepts that we use and would be considered a plus
- Experience with server-side rendering (SSR) and isomorphic applications.
- Familiarity with performance optimization techniques (code splitting, lazy loading, etc.).
- Proficiency in using testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, or Jasmine).
- Experience in developing progressive web applications (PWAs).
- Exposure to server-side technologies (Node.js/Express, PHP/Laravel, etc.).
- Experience with frontend build tools and package managers (Webpack, Babel, npm, etc.).
- Understanding of SEO best practices and core web vitals.
- Knowledge of UI design principles and experience collaborating with design teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum/Scrumban development environment.
- Competitive salary
- Regular result oriented bonuses
- Flexible home office policy
- Additional health insurance
- Friendly and supportive working atmosphere
- Additional annual leave, regular parties and team buildings
- Cozy and well lit office space located in the city center
- Company workshops and trainings, Udemy and other platform courses
- Necessary software and hardware
- Office drinks and cool food venues close by
- A chance to make a difference in the daily life of over 2M people
Flexible home office policy
Under this policy, employees have the option to work from home on a regular or occasional basis. We also recognize the value of in-person interactions for certain activities, such as operational meetings, brainstorming sessions, and team-building exercises. Therefore, employees are expected to attend these meetings at our office location as needed.
If you want to hear more about our future plans and be a part of the story send us a CV at [email protected]