Senior Frontend Developer (React)
NEG.BG is the company behind BG-Mamma – the most influential Bulgarian social platform. The know-how, passion and innovation that we put into our work affect 1.7 million users every month.
In the beginning of 2023, we initiated a comprehensive transformation process for BG-Mamma. Our company’s goal is to elevate the platform to a state-of-the-art digital product.
One of the key components of our strategy is the complete rewrite of BG-Mamma, using the latest, most secure technologies that offer top performance, thus transforming the user experience. We are excited to share that we are well-advanced in this process. As we approach the final phase, we are actively seeking experienced Frontend Developers to join our team.
We dream and plan ambitiously. Our next steps involve introducing new functionalities based on AI/ML and exploring the opportunities that Web3 offers.
By continuously expanding our engineering unit within the product team, we aim to attract individuals who share our passion for creating a sustainable product and making a meaningful impact on millions.
In our teams we respect every opinion, support personal and professional growth, value work-life balance and enjoy office time/home office flexibility.
- Collaborate in a team environment to design, develop, and implement robust, appealing and user-friendly web-based applications and experiences.
- Write efficient, reusable, maintainable and well-documented code while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability, ensuring exceptional performance across devices and browsers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies, trends, and best practices to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Identify and troubleshoot UI/UX issues and implement effective and creative solutions to enhance the overall user experience.
- Mentor and guide junior developers, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
- Participate in code reviews and technical consultations and provide constructive feedback.
- In-depth understanding of responsive web design principles and mobile-first development.
- Architectural experience with modern frontend stacks
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and asynchronous request handling.
- Experience with server-side rendering (SSR) strategies and isomorphic applications.
- Experience with performance optimization techniques (caching, code splitting, lazy loading, etc.).
- Proficiency with version control systems and code collaboration platforms (GitHub, GitLab, etc.).
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
Concepts that we use and would be considered a plus
- Proficiency in using testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, or Jasmine).
- Experience in developing progressive web applications (PWAs).
- Exposure to server-side technologies (Node.js/Express, PHP/Laravel, etc.).
- Experience with frontend build tools and package managers (Webpack, Babel, npm, etc.).
- Understanding of SEO best practices and core web vitals.
- Knowledge of UI design principles and experience collaborating with design teams (Figma).
- Ability to work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum/Scrumban development environment.
- Competitive salary
- Regular result oriented bonuses
- Flexible home office policy
- Additional health insurance
- Friendly and supportive working atmosphere
- Additional annual leave, regular parties and team buildings
- Cozy and well lit office space located in the city center
- Company workshops and trainings, Udemy and other platform courses
- Necessary software and hardware
- Office drinks and cool food venues close by
- A chance to make a difference in the daily life of over 2M people
Flexible home office policy
Under this policy, employees have the option to work from home on a regular or occasional basis. We also recognize the value of in-person interactions for certain activities, such as operational meetings, brainstorming sessions, and team-building exercises. Therefore, employees are expected to attend these meetings at our office location as needed.
If you want to hear more about our future plans and be a part of the story send us a CV at [email protected]